Lake County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Lake County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lake County, Minnesota. You can contact the Lake County Assessor for:
- Checking the Lake County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
601 3Rd AveThe Lake County Assessor's Office is located in Two Harbors, Minnesota. Two Harbors is the county seat of Lake County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lake County Courthouse, at 601 Third Avenue.
Lake County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lake County Information
Lake County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lake County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lake County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lake County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lake County.
- The Lake County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lake County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lake County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lake County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lake County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-834-8310. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lake County assessor's office at 218-834-8302. Please call the assessor's office in Two Harbors before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lake County Courthouse at 218-834-8300.