Koochiching County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Koochiching County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Koochiching County, Minnesota. You can contact the Koochiching County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Koochiching County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
715 4Th StThe Koochiching County Assessor's Office is located in International Falls, Minnesota. International Falls is the county seat of Koochiching County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Koochiching County Courthouse, at 715 4th Street.
Koochiching County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Koochiching County Information
Koochiching County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Koochiching County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Koochiching County Tax Appraiser.
- The Koochiching County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Koochiching County.
- The Koochiching County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Koochiching County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Koochiching County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Koochiching County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Koochiching County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-283-1121. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in International Falls before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Koochiching County Courthouse at 218-283-1152.