Kittson County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Kittson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kittson County, Minnesota. You can contact the Kittson County Assessor for:
- Checking the Kittson County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
410 5Th St Se Ste 214The Kittson County Assessor's Office is located in Hallock, Minnesota. Hallock is the county seat of Kittson County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kittson County Courthouse, at 410 5th Street S., Suite 206.
Kittson County Assessor Contact Information
Kittson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kittson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kittson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kittson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kittson County.
- The Kittson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kittson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kittson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kittson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kittson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-843-3615. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kittson County assessor's office at 218-843-3616. Please call the assessor's office in Hallock before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kittson County Courthouse at 218-843-2655.