Kandiyohi County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Kandiyohi County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kandiyohi County, Minnesota. You can contact the Kandiyohi County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Kandiyohi County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
1900 Highway 294 Ne Ste 2020The Kandiyohi County Assessor's Office is located in Willmar, Minnesota. Willmar is the county seat of Kandiyohi County, where most local government offices are located.
Kandiyohi County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kandiyohi County Information
Kandiyohi County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kandiyohi County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kandiyohi County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kandiyohi County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kandiyohi County.
- The Kandiyohi County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kandiyohi County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kandiyohi County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kandiyohi County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kandiyohi County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 320-231-6200. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Willmar before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kandiyohi County Office Building at 320-231-6215.