Hennepin County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Hennepin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hennepin County, Minnesota. You can contact the Hennepin County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Hennepin County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
300 S 6Th StThe Hennepin County Assessor's Office is located in the Hennepin County Government Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Minneapolis is the county seat of Hennepin County, where most local government offices are located.
Hennepin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hennepin County Information
Hennepin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hennepin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hennepin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hennepin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hennepin County.
- The Hennepin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hennepin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hennepin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hennepin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hennepin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 612-348-3046. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hennepin County assessor's office at 612-348-8751. Please call the assessor's office in Minneapolis before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Government Center at 612-348-3000.