Freeborn County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Freeborn County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Freeborn County, Minnesota. You can contact the Freeborn County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Freeborn County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 1147The Freeborn County Assessor's Office is located in Albert Lea, Minnesota. Albert Lea is the county seat of Freeborn County, where most local government offices are located.
Freeborn County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Freeborn County Information
Freeborn County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Freeborn County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Freeborn County Tax Appraiser.
- The Freeborn County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Freeborn County.
- The Freeborn County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Freeborn County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Freeborn County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Freeborn County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Freeborn County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-377-5176. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Freeborn County assessor's office at 507-377-5259. Please call the assessor's office in Albert Lea before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Freeborn County Courthouse at 507-377-5299.