Fillmore County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Fillmore County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fillmore County, Minnesota. You can contact the Fillmore County Assessor for:
- Checking the Fillmore County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 466The Fillmore County Assessor's Office is located in the Fillmore County Courthouse in Preston, Minnesota. Preston is the county seat of Fillmore County, where most local government offices are located.
Fillmore County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fillmore County Information
Fillmore County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fillmore County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fillmore County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fillmore County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fillmore County.
- The Fillmore County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fillmore County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fillmore County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fillmore County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fillmore County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-765-3868. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Fillmore County assessor's office at 507-765-2802. Please call the assessor's office in Preston before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Fillmore County Courthouse at 507-765-2144.