Dodge County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Dodge County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dodge County, Minnesota. You can contact the Dodge County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Dodge County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
22 6Th St EThe Dodge County Assessor's Office is located in Mantorville, Minnesota. Mantorville is the county seat of Dodge County, where most local government offices are located.
Dodge County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dodge County Information
Dodge County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dodge County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dodge County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dodge County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dodge County.
- The Dodge County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dodge County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dodge County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dodge County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dodge County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-635-6245. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dodge County assessor's office at 507-635-6255. Please call the assessor's office in Mantorville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dodge County Courthouse at 507-635-6239.