Dakota County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Dakota County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dakota County, Minnesota. You can contact the Dakota County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Dakota County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
1590 Highway 55The Dakota County Assessor's Office is located in Hastings, Minnesota. Hastings is the county seat of Dakota County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Dakota County Courthouse, at 1590 Highway 55.
Dakota County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dakota County Information
Dakota County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dakota County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dakota County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dakota County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dakota County.
- The Dakota County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dakota County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dakota County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dakota County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dakota County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 651-438-4200. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dakota County assessor's office at 651-438-4469. Please call the assessor's office in Hastings before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dakota County Courthouse at 651-437-3191.