Cottonwood County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Cottonwood County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cottonwood County, Minnesota. You can contact the Cottonwood County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Cottonwood County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
900 3Rd AveThe Cottonwood County Assessor's Office is located in Windom, Minnesota. Windom is the county seat of Cottonwood County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cottonwood County Courthouse, at 900 3rd Avenue.
Cottonwood County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cottonwood County Information
Cottonwood County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cottonwood County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cottonwood County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cottonwood County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cottonwood County.
- The Cottonwood County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cottonwood County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cottonwood County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cottonwood County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cottonwood County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-831-2458. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Windom before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cottonwood County Courthouse at 507-831-5669.