Cook County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Cook County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cook County, Minnesota. You can contact the Cook County Assessor for:
- Checking the Cook County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
411 W 2Nd StThe Cook County Assessor's Office is located in Grand Marais, Minnesota. Grand Marais is the county seat of Cook County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cook County Courthouse, at 411 West 2nd Street.
Cook County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cook County Information
Cook County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cook County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cook County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cook County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cook County.
- The Cook County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cook County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cook County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cook County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cook County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-387-3650. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Grand Marais before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cook County Courthouse at 218-387-3000.