Clearwater County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Clearwater County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clearwater County, Minnesota. You can contact the Clearwater County Assessor for:
- Checking the Clearwater County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
213 Main Avenue N.The Clearwater County Assessor's Office is located in Bagley, Minnesota. Bagley is the county seat of Clearwater County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Clearwater County Courthouse, at 213 Main Avenue North.
Clearwater County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clearwater County Information
Clearwater County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clearwater County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clearwater County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clearwater County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clearwater County.
- The Clearwater County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clearwater County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clearwater County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clearwater County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clearwater County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-694-6260. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Clearwater County assessor's office at 218-694-6244. Please call the assessor's office in Bagley before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clearwater County Courthouse at 218-694-6520.