City of Minneapolis, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The City of Minneapolis Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Minneapolis, Minnesota. You can contact the City of Minneapolis Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the City of Minneapolis property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
300 S 6Th StThe City of Minneapolis Assessor's Office is located in the City of Lake Building, Room 100 in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota. Minneapolis is the county seat of City of Minneapolis, where most local government offices are located.
City of Minneapolis Assessor Contact Information
City of Minneapolis Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Minneapolis Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Minneapolis Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Minneapolis Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Minneapolis.
- The City of Minneapolis Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Minneapolis Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Minneapolis, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Minneapolis about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Minneapolis Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 612-673-2382. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Minneapolis assessor's office at 612-673-3538. Please call the assessor's office in Minneapolis before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Government Center at 612-348-3000.