Chisago County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Chisago County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Chisago County, Minnesota. You can contact the Chisago County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Chisago County property tax due date
313 N Main StThe Chisago County Assessor's Office is located in Center City, Minnesota. Center City is the county seat of Chisago County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Chisago County Courthouse, at 313 North Main Street.
Chisago County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Chisago County Information
Chisago County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Chisago County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Chisago County Tax Appraiser.
- The Chisago County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Chisago County.
- The Chisago County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Chisago County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Chisago County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Chisago County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Chisago County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 651-213-8550. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Chisago County assessor's office at 651-213-8551. Please call the assessor's office in Center City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Chisago County Courthouse at 651-257-1300.