Carver County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Carver County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Carver County, Minnesota. You can contact the Carver County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Carver County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
600 E 4Th StreetThe Carver County Assessor's Office is located in Chaska, Minnesota. Chaska is the county seat of Carver County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Courthouse, at 600 East 4th Street.
Carver County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Carver County Information
Carver County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Carver County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Carver County Tax Appraiser.
- The Carver County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Carver County.
- The Carver County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Carver County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Carver County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Carver County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Carver County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 952-361-1960. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Carver County assessor's office at 952-361-1959. Please call the assessor's office in Chaska before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Courthouse at 952-361-1500.