Blue Earth County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Blue Earth County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Blue Earth County, Minnesota. You can contact the Blue Earth County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Blue Earth County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
204 S 5Th StThe Blue Earth County Assessor's Office is located in Mankato, Minnesota. Mankato is the county seat of Blue Earth County, where most local government offices are located.
Blue Earth County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Blue Earth County Information
Blue Earth County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Blue Earth County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Blue Earth County Tax Appraiser.
- The Blue Earth County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Blue Earth County.
- The Blue Earth County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Blue Earth County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Blue Earth County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Blue Earth County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Blue Earth County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-304-4251. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Mankato before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Blue Earth County Courthouse at 507-304-4000.