Benton County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Benton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Benton County, Minnesota. You can contact the Benton County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Benton County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 740The Benton County Assessor's Office is located in Foley, Minnesota. Foley is the county seat of Benton County, where most local government offices are located.
Benton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Benton County Information
Benton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Benton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Benton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Benton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Benton County.
- The Benton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Benton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Benton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Benton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Benton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 320-968-5019. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Benton County assessor's office at 320-968-5329. Please call the assessor's office in Foley before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Benton County Courthouse at 320-968-5000.