Anoka County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Anoka County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Anoka County, Minnesota. You can contact the Anoka County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Anoka County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
2100 3Rd AveThe Anoka County Assessor's Office is located in Anoka, Minnesota. Anoka is the county seat of Anoka County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Anoka County Government Center, at 2100 3rd Avenue.
Anoka County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Anoka County Information
Anoka County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Anoka County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Anoka County Tax Appraiser.
- The Anoka County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Anoka County.
- The Anoka County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Anoka County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Anoka County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Anoka County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Anoka County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 763-323-5400. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Anoka before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Anoka County Government Center at 763-421-4760.