Washtenaw County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Washtenaw County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Washtenaw County, Michigan. You can contact the Washtenaw County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Washtenaw County property tax due date
PO Box 8645The Washtenaw County Assessor's Office is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Ann Arbor is the county seat of Washtenaw County, where most local government offices are located.
Washtenaw County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Washtenaw County Information
Washtenaw County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Washtenaw County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Washtenaw County Tax Appraiser.
- The Washtenaw County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Washtenaw County.
- The Washtenaw County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Washtenaw County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Washtenaw County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Washtenaw County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Washtenaw County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 734-222-6662. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Washtenaw County assessor's office at 734-222-6589. Please call the assessor's office in Ann Arbor before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Washtenaw County Courthouse at 734-994-2400.