Tuscola County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Tuscola County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tuscola County, Michigan. You can contact the Tuscola County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Tuscola County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
125 W Lincoln StreetThe Tuscola County Assessor's Office is located in Caro, Michigan. Caro is the county seat of Tuscola County, where most local government offices are located.
Tuscola County Assessor Contact Information
Tuscola County Assessor Address
Tuscola County Equalization Office
440 North State Street
Caro, MI 48723
Tuscola County Assessor Phone Number
Tuscola County Assessor's Website
Additional Tuscola County Information
Comparables Search Find Tuscola County property tax records
Delinquent Tax Search (Tax Records) Find Tuscola County property tax records
Pay Delinquent Property Taxes How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Search (Tax Records) Find Tuscola County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool Find Tuscola County property tax records
Tax Parcel Search Search Find Tuscola County property tax records
Tuscola County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tuscola County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tuscola County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tuscola County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tuscola County.
- The Tuscola County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tuscola County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tuscola County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tuscola County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tuscola County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-672-3830. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Caro before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Suite 500 at 989-672-3700.
Find the tax assessor for a different Michigan county
Find property records for Tuscola County
The median property tax in Tuscola County, Michigan is $1,427.00