St. Joseph County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The St. Joseph County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Joseph County, Michigan. You can contact the St. Joseph County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the St. Joseph County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 189The St. Joseph County Assessor's Office is located in the Land Resource Centre, St. Joseph County Annex I in Centreville, Michigan. Centreville is the county seat of St. Joseph County, where most local government offices are located.
St. Joseph County Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Joseph County Information
St. Joseph County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Joseph County Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Joseph County Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Joseph County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Joseph County.
- The St. Joseph County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Joseph County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Joseph County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Joseph County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Joseph County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 269-467-5576. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. Joseph County assessor's office at 269-467-5672. Please call the assessor's office in Centreville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Joseph County Courthouse at 269-467-5500.