St. Clair County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The St. Clair County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Clair County, Michigan. You can contact the St. Clair County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the St. Clair County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
201 McMorran BoulevardThe St. Clair County Assessor's Office is located in Port Huron, Michigan. Port Huron is the county seat of St. Clair County, where most local government offices are located.
St. Clair County Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Clair County Information
St. Clair County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Clair County Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Clair County Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Clair County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Clair County.
- The St. Clair County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Clair County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Clair County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Clair County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Clair County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 810-989-6925. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. Clair County assessor's office at 810-989-6328. Please call the assessor's office in Port Huron before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Clair County Courthouse at 810-985-2001.