Shiawassee County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Shiawassee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Shiawassee County, Michigan. You can contact the Shiawassee County Assessor for:
- Checking the Shiawassee County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
208 N Shiawassee StThe Shiawassee County Assessor's Office is located in Corunna, Michigan. Corunna is the county seat of Shiawassee County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Shiawassee County Courthouse, at 208 N. Shiawassee Street.
Shiawassee County Assessor Contact Information
Shiawassee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Shiawassee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Shiawassee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Shiawassee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Shiawassee County.
- The Shiawassee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Shiawassee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Shiawassee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Shiawassee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Shiawassee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-743-2263. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Corunna before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Shiawassee County Courthouse at 989-743-2222.