Schoolcraft County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Schoolcraft County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Schoolcraft County, Michigan. You can contact the Schoolcraft County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Schoolcraft County property tax due date
300 Walnut StThe Schoolcraft County Assessor's Office is located in Manistique, Michigan. Manistique is the county seat of Schoolcraft County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Schoolcraft County Courthouse, at 300 Walnut Street, Room 207.
Schoolcraft County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Schoolcraft County Information
Schoolcraft County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Schoolcraft County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Schoolcraft County Tax Appraiser.
- The Schoolcraft County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Schoolcraft County.
- The Schoolcraft County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Schoolcraft County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Schoolcraft County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Schoolcraft County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Schoolcraft County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 906-341-3677. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Manistique before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Schoolcraft County Courthouse at 906-341-5532.