Sanilac County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Sanilac County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sanilac County, Michigan. You can contact the Sanilac County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Sanilac County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
60 W Sanilac RdThe Sanilac County Assessor's Office is located in Sandusky, Michigan. Sandusky is the county seat of Sanilac County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Sanilac County Courthouse, at 60 West Sanilac Avenue.
Sanilac County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Sanilac County Information
Sanilac County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sanilac County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sanilac County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sanilac County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sanilac County.
- The Sanilac County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sanilac County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sanilac County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sanilac County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sanilac County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 810-648-2955. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sanilac County assessor's office at 810-648-5459. Please call the assessor's office in Sandusky before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sanilac County Courthouse at 810-648-2933.