Otsego County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Otsego County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Otsego County, Michigan. You can contact the Otsego County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Otsego County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
225 W Main StThe Otsego County Assessor's Office is located in Gaylord, Michigan. Gaylord is the county seat of Otsego County, where most local government offices are located.
Otsego County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Otsego County Information
Otsego County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Otsego County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Otsego County Tax Appraiser.
- The Otsego County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Otsego County.
- The Otsego County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Otsego County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Otsego County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Otsego County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Otsego County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-731-7410. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Otsego County assessor's office at 989-731-7418. Please call the assessor's office in Gaylord before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Otsego County Courthouse at 989-732-6484.