Oscoda County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Oscoda County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Oscoda County, Michigan. You can contact the Oscoda County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Oscoda County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 399The Oscoda County Assessor's Office is located in Mio, Michigan. Mio is the county seat of Oscoda County, where most local government offices are located.
Oscoda County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Oscoda County Information
Oscoda County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Oscoda County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Oscoda County Tax Appraiser.
- The Oscoda County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Oscoda County.
- The Oscoda County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Oscoda County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Oscoda County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Oscoda County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Oscoda County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-826-1103. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Oscoda County assessor's office at 989-826-1138. Please call the assessor's office in Mio before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Oscoda County Courthouse at 989-826-1100.