Osceola County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Osceola County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Osceola County, Michigan. You can contact the Osceola County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Osceola County property tax due date
301 W Upton AveThe Osceola County Assessor's Office is located in Reed City, Michigan. Reed City is the county seat of Osceola County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Osceola County Courthouse, at 301 West Upton Street.
Osceola County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Osceola County Information
Osceola County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Osceola County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Osceola County Tax Appraiser.
- The Osceola County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Osceola County.
- The Osceola County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Osceola County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Osceola County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Osceola County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Osceola County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 231-832-6119. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Reed City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Osceola County Courthouse at 231-832-3261.