Ogemaw County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Ogemaw County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ogemaw County, Michigan. You can contact the Ogemaw County Assessor for:
- Checking the Ogemaw County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
806 W Houghton AveThe Ogemaw County Assessor's Office is located in West Branch, Michigan. West Branch is the county seat of Ogemaw County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ogemaw County Courthouse, at 806 W. Houghton Avenue, Room 105.
Ogemaw County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ogemaw County Information
Ogemaw County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ogemaw County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ogemaw County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ogemaw County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ogemaw County.
- The Ogemaw County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ogemaw County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ogemaw County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ogemaw County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ogemaw County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-345-0328. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ogemaw County assessor's office at 989-345-4939. Please call the assessor's office in West Branch before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ogemaw County Courthouse at 989-345-0215.