Oakland County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Oakland County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Oakland County, Michigan. You can contact the Oakland County Assessor for:
- Checking the Oakland County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1200 N Telegraph Rd Dept 12The Oakland County Assessor's Office is located in the Oakland Pointe Office Bldg. in Pontiac, Michigan. Pontiac is the county seat of Oakland County, where most local government offices are located.
Oakland County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Oakland County Information
Oakland County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Oakland County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Oakland County Tax Appraiser.
- The Oakland County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Oakland County.
- The Oakland County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Oakland County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Oakland County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Oakland County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Oakland County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 248-858-0740. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Pontiac before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Oakland County government at 248-858-1000.