Muskegon County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Muskegon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Muskegon County, Michigan. You can contact the Muskegon County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Muskegon County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
1201 Connecticut AveThe Muskegon County Assessor's Office is located in the Muskegon County Building in Muskegon, Michigan. Muskegon is the county seat of Muskegon County, where most local government offices are located.
Muskegon County Assessor Contact Information
Muskegon County Assessor Address
Muskegon County Equalization
Muskegon County Building
173 East Apple Avenue
Muskegon, MI 49442
Muskegon County Assessor Phone Number
Muskegon County Assessor's Website
Additional Muskegon County Information
Comparables Search Find Muskegon County property tax records
Delinquent Property Tax Search Find Muskegon County property tax records
Pay Delinquent Property Taxes How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Search (Tax Records) Find Muskegon County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool Find Muskegon County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool & GIS Map Geographical Information System
Muskegon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Muskegon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Muskegon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Muskegon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Muskegon County.
- The Muskegon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Muskegon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Muskegon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Muskegon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Muskegon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 231-724-6386. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Muskegon County assessor's office at 231-724-1129. Please call the assessor's office in Muskegon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Suite 500 at 231-724-6520.
Find the tax assessor for a different Michigan county
Find property records for Muskegon County
The median property tax in Muskegon County, Michigan is $1,670.00