Montmorency County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Montmorency County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Montmorency County, Michigan. You can contact the Montmorency County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Montmorency County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 789The Montmorency County Assessor's Office is located in Atlanta, Michigan. Atlanta is the county seat of Montmorency County, where most local government offices are located.
Montmorency County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Montmorency County Information
Montmorency County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Montmorency County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Montmorency County Tax Appraiser.
- The Montmorency County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Montmorency County.
- The Montmorency County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Montmorency County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Montmorency County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Montmorency County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Montmorency County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-785-8046. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Montmorency County assessor's office at 989-785-8094. Please call the assessor's office in Atlanta before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Montmorency County Courthouse at 989-785-4794.