Mecosta County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Mecosta County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mecosta County, Michigan. You can contact the Mecosta County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Mecosta County property tax due date
400 Elm StThe Mecosta County Assessor's Office is located in Big Rapids, Michigan. Big Rapids is the county seat of Mecosta County, where most local government offices are located.
Mecosta County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mecosta County Information
Mecosta County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mecosta County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mecosta County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mecosta County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mecosta County.
- The Mecosta County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mecosta County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mecosta County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mecosta County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mecosta County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 231-592-0108. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mecosta County assessor's office at 231-592-0112. Please call the assessor's office in Big Rapids before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mecosta County Courthouse at 231-796-2505.