Manistee County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Manistee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Manistee County, Michigan. You can contact the Manistee County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Manistee County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
415 3Rd StThe Manistee County Assessor's Office is located in Manistee, Michigan. Manistee is the county seat of Manistee County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Manistee County Courthouse, at 415 Third Street.
Manistee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Manistee County Information
Manistee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Manistee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Manistee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Manistee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Manistee County.
- The Manistee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Manistee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Manistee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Manistee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Manistee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 231-723-5957. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Manistee County assessor's office at 231-398-3531. Please call the assessor's office in Manistee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Manistee County Courthouse at 231-398-3500.