Macomb County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Macomb County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Macomb County, Michigan. You can contact the Macomb County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Macomb County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
1 S Main StThe Macomb County Assessor's Office is located in Mt. Clemens, Michigan.
Macomb County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Macomb County Information
Macomb County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Macomb County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Macomb County Tax Appraiser.
- The Macomb County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Macomb County.
- The Macomb County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Macomb County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Macomb County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Macomb County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Macomb County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 586-469-5260. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Macomb County assessor's office at 586-469-5423. Please call the assessor's office in Mt. Clemens before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Macomb County Administration Building at 586-469-5100.