Livingston County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Livingston County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Livingston County, Michigan. You can contact the Livingston County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Livingston County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
200 East Grand RiverThe Livingston County Assessor's Office is located in Howell, Michigan. Howell is the county seat of Livingston County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Livingston County Courthouse, at 304 East Grand River Avenue.
Livingston County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Livingston County Information
Livingston County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Livingston County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Livingston County Tax Appraiser.
- The Livingston County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Livingston County.
- The Livingston County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Livingston County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Livingston County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Livingston County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Livingston County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 517-546-4182. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Livingston County assessor's office at 517-552-2322. Please call the assessor's office in Howell before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Livingston County Courthouse at 517-546-0500.