Lenawee County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Lenawee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lenawee County, Michigan. You can contact the Lenawee County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Lenawee County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
301 N Main StThe Lenawee County Assessor's Office is located in Adrian, Michigan. Adrian is the county seat of Lenawee County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Old Courthouse, at 301 N. Main Street.
Lenawee County Assessor Contact Information
Lenawee County Assessor Address
Lenawee County Equalization Department
Old Courthouse, 2nd floor
301 N. Main Street
Adrian, MI 49221
Lenawee County Assessor Phone Number
Lenawee County Assessor's Website
Additional Lenawee County Information
Delinquent Tax Search (Tax Records) Find Lenawee County property tax records
Property Tax Search - Pay Property Taxes (Tax Records) Find Lenawee County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool Find Lenawee County property tax records
Lenawee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lenawee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lenawee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lenawee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lenawee County.
- The Lenawee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lenawee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lenawee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lenawee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lenawee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 517-264-4522. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lenawee County assessor's office at 517-264-4529. Please call the assessor's office in Adrian before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Old Courthouse at 517-264-4508.
Find the tax assessor for a different Michigan county
Find property records for Lenawee County
The median property tax in Lenawee County, Michigan is $1,950.00