Leelanau County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Leelanau County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Leelanau County, Michigan. You can contact the Leelanau County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Leelanau County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
8527 E Government Center Dr Ste 101The Leelanau County Assessor's Office is located in Suttons Bay, Michigan. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Leelanau County government, at 8527 East. Government Center Drive, Suite 102 .
Leelanau County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Leelanau County Information
Leelanau County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Leelanau County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Leelanau County Tax Appraiser.
- The Leelanau County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Leelanau County.
- The Leelanau County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Leelanau County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Leelanau County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Leelanau County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Leelanau County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 231-256-9823. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Leelanau County assessor's office at 231-256-8159. Please call the assessor's office in Suttons Bay before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Leelanau County government at 231-256-9711.