Lapeer County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Lapeer County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lapeer County, Michigan. You can contact the Lapeer County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Lapeer County property tax due date
255 Clay StThe Lapeer County Assessor's Office is located in Lapeer, Michigan. Lapeer is the county seat of Lapeer County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lapeer County Courthouse, at 255 Clay Street Suite 304.
Lapeer County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lapeer County Information
Lapeer County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lapeer County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lapeer County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lapeer County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lapeer County.
- The Lapeer County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lapeer County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lapeer County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lapeer County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lapeer County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 810-667-0228. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Lapeer before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lapeer County Courthouse at 810-667-0366.