Lake County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Lake County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lake County, Michigan. You can contact the Lake County Assessor for:
- Checking the Lake County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
800 10Th St Ste 200The Lake County Assessor's Office is located in Baldwin, Michigan. Baldwin is the county seat of Lake County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lake County government, at 800 10th Street.
Lake County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lake County Information
Lake County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lake County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lake County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lake County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lake County.
- The Lake County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lake County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lake County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lake County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lake County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 231-745-2723. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Baldwin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lake County government at 231-745-4641.