Keweenaw County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Keweenaw County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Keweenaw County, Michigan. You can contact the Keweenaw County Assessor for:
- Checking the Keweenaw County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
5095 4Th StThe Keweenaw County Assessor's Office is located in Eagle River, Michigan. Eagle River is the county seat of Keweenaw County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Keweenaw County Courthouse, at 5095 4th Street.
Keweenaw County Assessor Contact Information
Keweenaw County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Keweenaw County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Keweenaw County Tax Appraiser.
- The Keweenaw County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Keweenaw County.
- The Keweenaw County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Keweenaw County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Keweenaw County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Keweenaw County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Keweenaw County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 906-337-3471. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Keweenaw County assessor's office at 906-337-2795. Please call the assessor's office in Eagle River before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Keweenaw County Courthouse at 906-337-2229.