Kalkaska County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Kalkaska County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kalkaska County, Michigan. You can contact the Kalkaska County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Kalkaska County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
605 N Birch StThe Kalkaska County Assessor's Office is located in Kalkaska, Michigan. Kalkaska is the county seat of Kalkaska County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kalkaska County Courthouse, at 605 North Birch Street.
Kalkaska County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kalkaska County Information
Kalkaska County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kalkaska County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kalkaska County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kalkaska County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kalkaska County.
- The Kalkaska County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kalkaska County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kalkaska County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kalkaska County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kalkaska County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 231-258-3340. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kalkaska County assessor's office at 231-258-3341. Please call the assessor's office in Kalkaska before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kalkaska County Courthouse at 231-258-3300.