Isabella County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Isabella County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Isabella County, Michigan. You can contact the Isabella County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Isabella County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
200 N Main StThe Isabella County Assessor's Office is located in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Isabella County Courthouse, at 200 North Main Street.
Isabella County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Isabella County Information
Isabella County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Isabella County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Isabella County Tax Appraiser.
- The Isabella County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Isabella County.
- The Isabella County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Isabella County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Isabella County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Isabella County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Isabella County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-772-0911. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Isabella County assessor's office at 989-779-9102. Please call the assessor's office in Mt. Pleasant before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Isabella County Courthouse at 989-772-0911.