Iron County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Iron County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Iron County, Michigan. You can contact the Iron County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Iron County property tax due date
2 S 6Th StThe Iron County Assessor's Office is located in the Iron County Courthouse Annex, 2nd Floor in Crystal Falls, Michigan. Crystal Falls is the county seat of Iron County, where most local government offices are located.
Iron County Assessor Contact Information
Iron County Assessor Address
Iron County Equalization Office
Iron County Courthouse Annex, 2nd Floor
2 So. 6th Street, Suite 13
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
Iron County Assessor Phone Number
Iron County Assessor's Website
Additional Iron County Information
Commercial & Industrial Real Estate Search Find Iron County property tax records
Iron County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Iron County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Iron County Tax Appraiser.
- The Iron County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Iron County.
- The Iron County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Iron County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Iron County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Iron County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Iron County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 906-875-6502. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Crystal Falls before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Iron County Courthouse at 906-875-3301.
Find the tax assessor for a different Michigan county
Find property records for Iron County