Gratiot County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Gratiot County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gratiot County, Michigan. You can contact the Gratiot County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Gratiot County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
214 E Center StThe Gratiot County Assessor's Office is located in Ithaca, Michigan. Ithaca is the county seat of Gratiot County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gratiot County Courthouse, at 214 East Center Street.
Gratiot County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gratiot County Information
Gratiot County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gratiot County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gratiot County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gratiot County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gratiot County.
- The Gratiot County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gratiot County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gratiot County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gratiot County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gratiot County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-875-5203. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Ithaca before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gratiot County Courthouse at 989-875-5215.