Gogebic County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Gogebic County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gogebic County, Michigan. You can contact the Gogebic County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Gogebic County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
200 North Moore Street The Gogebic County Assessor's Office is located in Bessemer, Michigan. Bessemer is the county seat of Gogebic County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gogebic County Courthouse, at 200 North Moore Street.
Gogebic County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gogebic County Information
Gogebic County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gogebic County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gogebic County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gogebic County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gogebic County.
- The Gogebic County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gogebic County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gogebic County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gogebic County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gogebic County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 906-663-4414. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gogebic County assessor's office at 906-663-4105. Please call the assessor's office in Bessemer before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gogebic County Courthouse at 906-667-0411.