Gladwin County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Gladwin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gladwin County, Michigan. You can contact the Gladwin County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Gladwin County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
401 W Cedar AveThe Gladwin County Assessor's Office is located in Gladwin, Michigan. Gladwin is the county seat of Gladwin County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gladwin County Courthouse, at 555 West Cedar Avenue.
Gladwin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gladwin County Information
Gladwin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gladwin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gladwin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gladwin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gladwin County.
- The Gladwin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gladwin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gladwin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gladwin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gladwin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-426-9327. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gladwin County assessor's office at 989-426-6919. Please call the assessor's office in Gladwin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gladwin County Courthouse at 989-426-4821.