Eaton County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Eaton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Eaton County, Michigan. You can contact the Eaton County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Eaton County property tax due date
1045 Independence BlvdThe Eaton County Assessor's Office is located in Charlotte, Michigan. Charlotte is the county seat of Eaton County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Eaton County government, at 1045 Independence Blvd..
Eaton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Eaton County Information
Eaton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Eaton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Eaton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Eaton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Eaton County.
- The Eaton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Eaton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Eaton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Eaton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Eaton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 517-543-4104. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Eaton County assessor's office at 517-543-7377. Please call the assessor's office in Charlotte before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Eaton County government at 517-543-7500.