Dickinson County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Dickinson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dickinson County, Michigan. You can contact the Dickinson County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Dickinson County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 609The Dickinson County Assessor's Office is located in Iron Mountain, Michigan. Iron Mountain is the county seat of Dickinson County, where most local government offices are located.
Dickinson County Assessor Contact Information
Dickinson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dickinson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dickinson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dickinson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dickinson County.
- The Dickinson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dickinson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dickinson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dickinson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dickinson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 906-774-2515. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Iron Mountain before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dickinson County government at 906-774-2573.