City of Westland, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The City of Westland Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Westland, Michigan. You can contact the City of Westland Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the City of Westland property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
500 Griswold, 7th FloorThe City of Westland Assessor's Office is located in Westland, Wayne County, Michigan.
City of Westland Assessor Contact Information
City of Westland Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Westland Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Westland Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Westland Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Westland.
- The City of Westland Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Westland Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Westland, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Westland about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Westland Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 734-467-3160. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Westland assessor's office at 734-467-3546. Please call the assessor's office in Westland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Westland Building at 313-224-0286.